The short and short of it. A 4 star weekend
*Ribs. Ribs. Ribs. frisbee. cake. Woo.
*I spent my birthday with a stranger and one of my closest friends. Somewhere in the afternoon I was infatuated with the stranger. It's in the eyes and the smile and the energy. It's in 31 gram boxes of Hot Tamales. It's in genie pants. It's in a handbag the size of a daschund filled with mints and gum. It's in the skin of neck and the shoulders. It's in any gesture of kindness to me. It's in the quiet. It's in the graceful movement of a green glitter shoe. Nine hours later, I'd settled down. I love my friend, but there were moments where I desperately wanted to make him disappear. I'm glad I didn't. Then we wouldn't have been able to chase each other round and round a fountain or laugh about our miscommunications or walk home and call it a great day. It's in our history. It's in B-A-N-A-N-A-S. It's in his charm. It's in his stories. It's in the disc. It's in the willingness to join me for a track workout, but most of all it's in something I can't explain at all.
*I had brunch at a little hobbit's place. I had dinner at Big Wong's. There's a joke in there somewhere.
*I hear the fireworks. I feel the independence. Happy 4th!
No comments:
Post a Comment