Can I get an oh my gawd for the way I rock my iPod?
So two fine readers, or psychics as the case may be, were kind enough to relieve me of some of the late-June terror with an iTunes gift certificate. I had free reign in the iTuniverse and a new fear of picking good songs. Subjective it may be, but still no easy task. Jessica Simpson was an easy choice with her new cover of "These Boots Are Made for Walking" made for the upcoming Dukes of Hazzard flick. I enjoy lyrical imagery as much as the next guy and this song manages at least one killer line- "Can I get a handclap? For the way I work my back." The rest of it is just good clean fun, er, at least fun. I abandoned the Spice Girls for a little "Free Fallin'" with Tom Petty, some Dashboard Confessional, Iron & Wine per recommendation and Gorrillaz per some comment I picked up in some blog somewhere. I also picked up "Hate to Say I Told You So" by The Hives, and "The Comeback" by the Shout Out Louds complete with racing noises to kick off the song. Then I went crazy and bought a Bowling for Soup album.
This is fun. And when I say "picked up" I guess I really meant clicked on some buttons.
No comments:
Post a Comment