Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Dr. Peerpressure
or
How I started listening to everyone else and ended up in the waiting room

Dang it people. Stop telling me to go to the doctor when I don't need to. Dang it me. Stop listening. My ankle has been bothering me for a week ever since an incident where I rolled it which may or may have not been aggravated by my super smoove dance moves. It swelled up, turned a little purple, and started to transfer pain to other places on my body. Nothing I couldn't handle, but I let people see me limp. I let them hear me whine a bit and they all said "Go to the Doctor. It might be broken." PEOPLE. If it were broken, you'd see bone. Or at least I'd be wincing a lot more. Do you see me wincing? Exactly. Then I heard, "Oh, but when I broke my ankle it didn't hurt." Well, shucks I reckon I don't know what I ought to do. So I called the doctor. Immediatlely the blue color all but disappeared. The pain became minimal and I was off to talk to the Doc and feel like a real doofus.

"Der. Hey Doc. Nothing's wrong really. Just wanted to visit. Find out for sure that nothings ain't broken. Der. Here's my copay. La-ti-da."

No comments: