Thursday, May 19, 2005

The new ol' ballgame
Went to see a Washington Nationals game as Washington area residents are all now so keen on doing. Baseball is kind of fun. At least it was once and I could see how it might be again. I really liked the sax player at the top of the Metro stairs playing "Take Me Out to the Ballgame" all jazzed up. The Nats managed a win with a single run in the 9th inning. I clapped and screamed like I cared, but I really didn't. The stadium made me feel a little cramped. At one point this woman's enormous purse in front of me was wide open and as I looked in I thought that giants looking down on the stadium probably thought I looked a lot like that tiny chapstick cap in the recesses of a purse. It would have been really cool if she would have had a replica of the stadium in her purse.

Might I recommend that you don't sit in right field if you want to see the scoreboard. And if you take the Metro, you might want to walk part way home. It could be a nice walk. Some nights I really like the city. Did you know that the Nationals mascot is an eagle named Screech? Did you know that a couple of weeks ago some paper had Dustin Diamond commenting on the mascot? It was Screech on Screech action. That's what it's all about, folks.

No comments: