The SPAM museum IS SO a vacation destination
I'm on vacation. I'm going to the SPAM museum. If I get free samples, I'm stuffing them in my pockets and everyone I know is getting some because never before has my vacation destination caused such an adverse reaction. Not even the Rhode Island-Delaware combo with the side of Newark-Newark caused this kind of stir.
On my trip I am making a few other non-SPAM related stops. I am currently impersonating Kristin in the Quad City area. It's a good gig. There will probably be more on that later. For now, I'll share some of my thoughts on the first leg of my road trip.
-Rest areas have wireless Internet, now? Because you can't rest without the Internet.
-Kum & GO? Seriously? Is this convenience porn?
-Driving in the Midwest makes me think I'm headed to one of two destinations: University of Missouri-Columbia or the Rocky Mountains. It's strange when I'm not.
-I used to think everyone on the road was headed to MU with me, now I look at cars and wonder where they could possibly be going. There's a metaphor in there, I'm sure of it.
-Road trips are doing nothing with a destination. There's something deeper in there too.
I'll try to shake some more out and sing more songs in falsetto tomorrow.
SPAM. SPAM. SPAM. SPAM.
No comments:
Post a Comment