Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Thanks Genie
I got what I wished for.

Freshman-year abs?

One thing at a time. It snowed. Which according to most of the "adult" world I inhabit is something akin to paying the utilities bill. I heard so many complaints today that I finally resorted to instructing people to move south if they didn't like it. I think a few were considering it. (I remember now why I so needed that stint in Winter Park working the chair lift.)

What part of your insides has to be dead to not like snow? It's so white and charming and peaceful and soft and fun.

In honor of today's snow I am going to list some of the great moments from my snowy (and icy) past.
*The out-of-my-door-into-the-snow-drift-and-straight-to-the-shower dive in Granby. Snow there was plentiful.
*The nighttime frozen lake Ultimate game. Glowing discs, glowing cones, glowing world.
*The neon green cowboy shirt WP snowboard run.
*The post-sledding dive into the bushes in CoMO.
*The bike out of FARC and down to the corner where I wiped out because of the ice, but then still had to make it to Hearnes for practice only to run/slide all the way there to find out that practice was cancelled. At least we got out of class.
*The day it iced and I could dive and slide across every driveway on the block. DIVE SLIDE RUN on the grass. DIVE SLIDE...repeat 10x.
*The Bill Carwin skiing experience complete with jam-packed Mustang, Psycopath Gully, and big waves of snow at every stop.
*Ski breaks.
*The aspens and the terrain park with Bruno at Steamboat.
*Bunches of ski runs on bunches of days spanning the course of my personal history.
*The year the spring in the backyard flooded and suddenly we had an icy toboggan run. Yea.
*Killer cul-de-sac snowball fights.
*The year of the 8 foot tall snowman.
*The Sectionals Cross Country snow.

There are more, but I'm stopping for you.

No comments: