Wednesday, April 14, 2004

In the garden of fireworks
There are these white flowering trees at my Metro stop that were in bloom last week. I think they are done now and they are shedding everywhere. It looks like someone has raided a fireworks store and used "Snaps" all up and down the sidewalks. Wouldn't it be fantastic if Snaps grew on trees? Think of the madness when the Snaps fell off the trees. At first you'd hear little clicks every now and then, but when things really got cooking there would be Snaps going off at all hours of the day and night. Then again for those who choose to make their living by farming the Snaps tree, a Snaps harvest would probably be quite a chore. You'd either have to pick them off one at a time or you'd have to shake the tree and let them fall into some sort of giant soft sack. What a pain. That's why if I were living off the fat of the fireworks farm, I would stick to the bottle rocket harvest. You can rip those suckers right out of the ground and they're easy to take care of. Bumper crop, I tell you.

No comments: