Friday, January 09, 2004

There has been a lot on my mind lately
I spent much of the last couple of days worrying about why I was worrying about two things.

1. Why do I care if someone goes on a ski trip and doesn't want to ski? I gave this a lot of thought and came to the conclusion that I care because since childhood I tend to bond by doing, through activity. I made friends with the kids who played kickball with me. I didn't know what to do with the kids who didn't. I've outgrown that a little bit, but not as much as I thought.

2.Why am I so worked up about Tequilamock... copyright fight? I still don't know. Maybe it's about soul and it's about motivation. You can't take somebody's soul like that for no conceivable reason. At least if the guy was gonna make a few bucks off the deal I could understand it, still despise it, but understand; but to just out and out steal someone's (or several someone's) words just to impress his mom or something. What the @#%? Obviously I still don't have a handle on this one.

Then last night I found something else to occupy my mind.
FIRE.
I was talking to a friend on the phone and said, "I think there's an alien landing on my street." Then I saw a flash of orange. "No, more like a fire." Some more flashes and a funny humming sound. "I think we're going to get cut off. I'm ok. It's not my house. It's next door. I'll be over soon."

CLICK

The power was out for about 3 seconds. When it came back on I snatched up the phone again and sort of stared at it wondering who to call, since I now saw smoke. I ran over to the bookshelf and grabbed a phone book. I tossed the book aside and called 911. Someone had already called them.
Fire trucks showed up, blocked off the streets, and I left deciding I didn't want to be around if my house was to burn.
It didn't. And today I see no traces of the whole ordeal.

No comments: