Sunday, January 11, 2004

Introspection Week continues, now with assistance
Kim decided and so far I can't disagree that I am basically made of two people- "Dave" and "Dave's Grandma (DG)". "Dave" is the zanier side and "DG" is the more conservative side. Neither is particularly persuasive, so whoever is in charge sets the tone. For instance if "Dave" is in command on a given day and decides that I need to wear a kilt, no amount of pleading from "DG" is going to talk me out of it. Likewise if "DG" takes charge and decides that I will not be drinking on this particular evening, I have no chance of imbibing anything, no matter what "Dave" or my peers have to say. This theory works remarkably well and manages to explain a good chunk of my behavior. I contend, with Dave and DG's agreement, that occasionally they compromise and something not of the extremes happens. I do not, however, have any idea how Dave or DG takes control on any given day. Back to the introspection...

No comments: