Icy Anticipation packed with Trepidation
The snowboard is out. The goggles are on. The "Best Ski Resort in the South" is softly calling my name. "Come to my icy hills. Let your board free."
"Yes, Wintergreen. I hear you Wintergreen. Your wish is my command." "But I'm nervous Wintergreen."
"Why? Don't you like to rip?"
"Yea. I'm afraid you might suck."
"I don't suck."
"How do I know?"
"Check out the $52 lift tickets."
"Maybe you're compensating."
"For what? I've got it all- skiing, golf, tennis..."
"All. What about snow? elevation? powder? mountains?"
"When I said all, I meant besides that. I've got 5 chair lifts. One of them even seats all your friends.
"I have more than 6 friends."
"I see you've done your homework. No matter, you won't have that many friends when the weekend is over.
"You're going to kill my friends?"
"No. They'll kill you. Have you ever been skiing with you? It's obnoxious.
"How would you know?"
"Mountains talk"
"You're not exactly a mountain."
"You're not exactly a molehill."
"What? You're not making sense."
"I'm not the one talking to a mountain."
"Shut up. You're not a mountain."
"Is that all you've got?"
"No. I just don't want to hurt your feelings."
"I'm tough. I'm made of stone, you know."
"Funny, I thought that icy exterior might house a softer side."
"It's not exactly funny."
"No. You're right. You're pretty sharp for a land mass."
"Thanks."
"Maybe we should put aside our differences. You know, be friends."
"All right. I'll try. But don't come crying to me when you catch an edge and go flying down the hill, sliding on the ice."
No comments:
Post a Comment