Sunday, May 17, 2009

2.65 things

1. Monday night I went to see Leonard Cohen live and in concert. Even though I was only familiar with one of his songs, I found his music to be very accessible. He had some great lyrics, sung in that gravelly 74-year old man voice and the songs seemed to flow together like one long song with changes in pace and instrumentation. My favorite lyric of the night was not "Where is my gypsy wife?" although that one sticks in my head, but instead, "There is a crack in everything/ that's how the light gets in." Lenny came on for encore after encore and eventually outlasted us in the cold and rain.

2. I went to graduation yesterday to support those with Bad Habits on their resume. I managed to spot four and congratulate three. Despite the rain, the optimism and idealism were everywhere, particularly in the address. My own graduations were always rather anti-climatic, but witnessing someone else's seemed somehow more purposeful. Congrats, grads.

.65. Nutella, advanced degrees, psoas

No comments: