Monday is funday
My primary "flippin'-the-bird" finger has been swollen for two months. I finally made it to the doctor two weeks ago to see if maybe there was some breakage. My doctor referred me to the X-ray people, so now, two weeks later, I have found out that while I may be permanently disfigured, the guy who pulled my finger pulled it all back in place quite nicely. The referral doctor reminded me a bit of Kirk Douglas, in one of my all-time favorite movies Tough Guys, but he told me I was basically fine, so that's good news. Or may be it was Burt Lancaster. Either way, that's the closest I've come to liking a doctor in ages. I'm not sure we really developed a rapport, but then I forgot to tell him that he reminded me of a movie from the '80s. Maybe next time.
In non hand gesture news, I found out that garbage disposals have reset buttons. While this made my landlord look particularly handy, it made me feel just a bit on the dumb side. It also seems like maybe the landlord could have saved a trip here and just said, "have you pressed the reset button?"
I think reset buttons should go be placed on just about everything that can break. Car battery dead? Hit the reset button. City-wide power outage? reset button. Broken hopes and dreams? Reach under your foot and hit the little red button.
Now get out there and give it another go.
2 comments:
Finger all jammed up? Reset!
I need a reset button today.
Post a Comment