"How do you say son of...?" Paris Journal Day 8
We're winding our trip to a close and it appears that we fear that American desserts are inferior. Therefore we spent today stocking up on French treats. We got rolling a bit before noon with Lauren and Allen on a few city walks. I'm not really sure what we saw other than Rue de Madeleine and Bois de Bologne. The latter was an expansive park and part of our walk of about 6 or 7 miles today. We started and ended with delicious sorbet from Berthillion. In the middle we stopped at Laduree, home of high priced and delectable 31 flavors of macaroons. They were heavenly. When we finished them in a park, we passed the box around, each of us considering it for something but coming up with nothing. So Megan stomped on it. "I didn't know what else to do with it," she explained. We laughed, but that made sense. It was a nice day, a bit cold, but it felt good to be on a fast-paced stroll in a crowd. I think we all got to talk a bit and enjoy the cold spring day. We had dinner at an Italian place quite near where I was staying actually, and joined the ranks of Allen and Lauren visitors officially. We ate tiramisu for dessert, our prize for an 88% success rate on the week-long scavenger hunt. We missed a few arrondisments, and never found the woman in a skirt riding a bicycle. After the tiramisu came the pana cotta and then later the already-mentioned sorbet. We slowly closed out watching Flight of the Conchords episodes and our somewhat painful video logs. Tomorrow is the trip back to the U.S. where I'll have 170 pictures to sort through and lots of good memories.
And now, we'll always have Paris.
No comments:
Post a Comment