Monday, May 01, 2006

Hey Gatorade, it's in me.

After my first year of high school cross country, I took the winter off. I came back for track season and was unable to replicate the success I had in the fall. When track season ended, I decided not to make that mistake again. I have not gone a whole winter without running since then.

The ankle sprain set me back for most of February, March, and April. GEEZ. It didn't seem quite that bad until I wrote it down. I went nearly three months with minimal exercise- the new winter of my discontent.

Saturday, I played Ultimate. The ankle performed better than expected, but my body revolted. By halftime I was spent. I know this because my lunch popped up and told me so. Repeatedly. I don't think that's ever happened to me in the first game of the day. It was rather unpleasant. By Sunday afternoon, I was making another decision. I decided to come roaring back. I know it's going to take some time, but winter is over.

No comments: