What did emo ever do to you?
Someone in my 'hood is unhappy with emo. I know this because a number of stop signs are now "STOP emo" signs. I didn't realize that emo was such a problem. Sometimes it's kind of depressing, but it seems to be a music genre that deserves to continue as much as any of the alternatives. Not only that, but I'm not sure altering street signs is the most effective method for altering people's opinions. There was a stop sign not too far from here that said, "STOP DRIVING" for a while. I kept watch and it doesn't seem that anybody abandoned cars. I think rather than whipping out the spray can every time this person or persons feels like maybe emo is cutting a little too close to reality, he/she/they should consider turning off the mp3/cd/tape player and just walking away. Unless, maybe they are talking about emo as an attitude rather than just a music genre. In which case, this campaign still makes no sense because the emo attitude really doesn't ooze through the streets of my suburbia.
Oh, and another thing, "Bump emo" makes no sense at all.
No comments:
Post a Comment