Wednesday, February 22, 2006

ARGHHHHH!
I fell on my face. I've been trying to think of a way to make it poetic or life-affirming, or anything other than what it is. I can't. I fell on my face. There was a moment as I was falling where the world blurred and slowed down. That was the moment where I contorted a little bit, so my face would land on the floor rather than against a bookshelf. Strangely, it didn't hurt when I landed. I was just a little stunned. I looked briefly at the carpet beneath my lips and then thanked the bookshelf for staying out of my way. I realized as I propped myself back up that possibly some of the rest of my body absorbed the blow, so maybe I didn't really fall on my face. I'm pretty unclear and still a little perplexed.

The face is fine, the patience, fraying.

No comments: