My life as music montage
There is a lot of magic packed into that little silver iPod mini of mine. Those 900 songs don't hurt. The fact that I can block out cell phone conversations and other noise pollution isn't so bad either. The sheer value I now get for my music can't go unmentioned. Making my own playlists is kind of fun. Despite all of these fine reasons for enjoying my mini, I've been waiting for that moment when my life would be a musical montage. For more than six months now this has proven more elusive than I thought possible. Somehow the combination of my somewhat melancholy-leaning musical tastes and my tendency to be walking to or from work or sitting on the Metro just weren't jiving.
Today, on my way home from work all of that changed. Rather yesterday, while shopping for music all of that changed and then today my life as musical montage was finally blasted into my ears. It started on the Metro with a little Ozzy Ozborne as the sparks were flying and the sun had just set, "I'm going off the rails on a crazy train." Then as I was stuck in a crowd trying to wait patiently as we self-herded onto the escalator Real McCoy captured the moment, "Run Away. Run away. Run away if you want to survive." After I'd escaped the herd, good old Run-DMC suggested that I "walk this way." Which I did, all the way to the grocery store. Don't mind me, my fellow pedestrians. Once inside Safeway, the man tried to bring me down, but I wasn't having any of it. No. No. Not me. I was "Rockin' the Suburbs, just like Quiet Riot did."
There may have been a few other songs in there, but that was basically it. And it was beautiful. The first level of my iPod journey is complete. Don't judge me though, because, "Ya'll don't know what it's like, being male, middle class, and white."
(It all pretty much ended when Ben Folds continued on about "The Army" and then Missy Elliot tried to convince me to "Lose Control." I wasn't having any of it.)
No comments:
Post a Comment