Ketchup time. Other condiments not included
Just saw a bumper sticker that read, "Frodo failed. Bush has the Ring." I was around the corner before I laughed.
Fall
I feel a bit like someone has a hold of my trunk and they are shaking the leaves off of me.
College Ultimate
Somewhere between clown, glorified cheerleader, college-age male, and voice of quiet reason is where I stand on the college Ultimate scene these days. The ride south was spent in headbanging, screaming, speeding, obnoxious splendor. Somewhere in that madness a cheer was born,
Have you heard of the Popemobile?
Yes we've heard of the Popemobile.
Big and strong and made of steel.
Big and strong and made of steel.
1-2-3
The Pope says Win!
Invoking religious leaders will only get you to .500. It's a step in the right direction.
The ride north was spent in calm discussion of good things- life, Ultimate, brilliant traffic-dodging schemes.
Somewhere in the middle
I knew as the dare was being issued that I would be unable to resist. A karaoke bar, a bunch of new people, the promise of a Bailey's payoff, and a willing partner named Emily meant that my heart would go on. When they called my name, Emily was missing. I made my way up to the mic and did my best Celine. Emily was pulled from the bathroom by my new best friends and she joined me to sing back up. The reviews came in at "better than expected." Barbara Ann as part of a dashing trio of gents was certainly better than that. I think I understand the draw of this karaoke a little more now that I've done it outside of the American Legion.
No comments:
Post a Comment