I blame television
I realize that blaming television doesn't make me that different from a lot of people, but I'm going to do it anyway. I blame television for all of my recent negativity. Pre-TV, I was a happy-go-lucky young man, but since TV re-entered my home, it's been a long drop down. Television creates a climate of instant gratification and I'm finding more and more that my life doesn't work that way. When life doesn't work that way, I turn back to television.
It's blatantly unfair.
Oh, I've controlled my consumption. I'm well below the national average, but I don't think much of the national average. And my average is growing along with the darkness of winter. I'm finding myself stuck in my home with nothing to do. Nothing other than read the 4 books lined up and ready to go, play the banjo, write a frickin' novel (not going real well for those of you scoring at home), figure out what to do when there is light. Those things can wait, because "That 70's show" is on for the umpteenth time today.
It's not television's fault, I know. It's mine.
That doesn't make me feel any better.
No comments:
Post a Comment