Tuesday, September 06, 2005

What goes down, must come up

I was all set to compare myself to a loose tooth. The world was going to be this big tongue just pushing and pulling and agitating from every which way. At moments the rocking, pulling, agitating world was going to cause pain and then an odd soothing sensation, and, the important part, as any loose tooth and/or 6 year-old will tell you, the tongue was going to knock that tooth right out of there and there was going to be bleeding. It was the weekend that didn't go as planned and it was the job that has taken a turn from the kooshy and it was hunger all getting to me. Having already exhausted the sarcastic remarks to a coworker and the turning up of the iPod to dangerous decibels to diffuse the situation, I was in the midst of Operation: Walk Home. During the aforementioned operation, the Iron and Wine song "The Sea and The Rhythm" pulsed into my ears and a smile that bordered on a giggle crossed my lips. Maybe it was that Iron and Wine thing working its magic again, or maybe Operation: Walk Home had finally taken effect. Either way, I couldn't help but look up at the big blue sky and think, I just finished a three day weekend. I just worked hard for my money. And now, I've got this whole beautiful evening to myself.


Tonight, we're the sea
and the rhythm there
the waves and the wind and the night is black

No comments: