A(nother?) run that could change my life
I went to practice with my brother-in-law's cross-country team on Saturday. They ran up "the chutes". I'm in decent high-school sophomore shape and I knew it, but I couldn't help, but try to run with the "Big boys". I let their #2 drag me up the hill and that worked for a while, but then I faded. Then after they waited for me at the turnaround I ripped most of the way down the hill on the heels of their #1. Until, once again I faded. The altitude had some effect as did the change in running surface, but I think mostly my inability to keep up comes from the lack of training.
So, how did the run change my life? Well, there's the burning in my quads (I love my Quads!), but that will probably wear off in a few days. I suppose it's possible that the renewed love of running and training could wear off in a few days too. What might not wear off is the sense that maybe English teacher and coach might not be a bad combination at all. That little desire keeps getting louder and harder to ignore.
Don't worry, I won't rush into anything.
No comments:
Post a Comment