Thursday, July 14, 2005

Sometimes I read the Style section
The headline for a story about Paul Feig's new book Superstud made me smile. It's a Nerd. It's in Pain. It's Superstud. Go back and read that aloud if you didn't get it. I missed it at first. Lois Lane, Clark Kent- there you go. The headline was pleasing, but the book sounds dumb.

They caught Borf. This town is having a rough year for secrets. First Deep Throat and now Borf. Oh, Borf. Who's going to hate Bush now? Who's going to deface property? Who's going to cause confusion and add mystery to the likes of mailboxes and street signs? I never understood you, but I just might miss you.

In a flurry of movies, I saw War of the Worlds which is pretty solid, so long as you don't think too hard about the aliens and don't mind abrupt endings. I saw Fantastic Four and it was better than The Hullk, which isn't saying much. It would have made a fine TV movie. Do they still make those? They left lots of room for a sequel, so I guess that's good for "The Commish", the guy that isn't Jonny Knoxville, the Fly's stunt double, and the really hot scientist chick who never says anything that even approaches smart but provides the sexual tension, the plot, and a reason for cool futuristic fiber suits.

Carry on about your business now.

No comments: