I-70, AT, other unabbreviated items of interest
I-70 makes Lucille's heart titter
In my first drive of any significant distance in 2005, I passed by good old Interstate 70. For those of you that don't know, Interstate 70 has played a pretty big role in my life. I was born off of 70, visited my Grandparents off of 70, went to college off of 70, skied off of 70 in a series of spring breaks, and a couple years back traversed 70 in search of a spot to call home for more than 6 months. So when Lucille (that's my car) and I drove on 70 for a little bit today, I could tell that she wanted to go somewhere. She thought we were going to see the folks, or the arch, or the columns, or at least the truck stop in Concordia. Or maybe she thought we were finally going West again to go skiing. Heck, she's sat idle so much lately she probably would've taken Kansas happily. Sorry, Lucille, I said as I pulled off of the interstate. We'll get you back on the roads. Soon, Lucille, soon...
AT, where it's at?
I hiked the Appalachian Trail this morning. Yep. I was bored and I thought 2,189 miles, whatever, complete with two-handed "w" hand gesture. Ok. That's a lie. I hiked a teeny tiny section. What's 3.5 miles divided by 2,189? I'm not sure I'm ready for the AT. I had on a day pack and my back is still a little sore from my 8 mile hike. I was tired and hungry and I made up a song about fecal matter. The wackiest thing to me was that the sound of my own steps was driving me crazy. Not as crazy as the song about fecal matter sticking in my head, but that was much later in the hike. (The song was sticking in my head, not the actual fecal matter.) In less than 4 hours I drove myself crazy. What would I do in 3 months? I may have improved patience, but I'm not ready to be a hiker just yet.
Other items of interest without abbreviation will have to wait
They could include:
me and the movies
Jackie's is too cool for me
My continued quest to preserve the species
No comments:
Post a Comment