Hey. It's 2005! I am now accepting challenges
Last year, some friends and I traded challenges. They ranged from the simple "read this book" to the more difficult "Get a new job."
I don't think anyone met all their challenges, but it was a nice way to feel a little sense of accomplishment*("net removed") and say, "Hey. I did something you thought I should do." I liked that. I'm not sure everyone felt the same way, which would explain why we haven't re-introduced the challenges this year, but I'm here to offer you even more blog interactivity. Readers, I am now accepting challenges. I'll be happy to keep you posted on my failures and successes.
Let me give you some examples from last year and my results just so you have a better idea of what I'm talking about and how you shouldn't get your hopes too high.
1. Challenge: Get drunk, do gay karaoke*(I'll spell it this way if I must.) Results: Karaoke* Revolution doesn't like my falsetto and I'm still on the wagon.
2. Challenge: Learn how to play "Rainbow Connection" on the banjo. Results: I haven't touched my banjo in at least 2 months, but I mean to.
3. Challenge: Make salsa; hike the AT, read A walk in the woods. Results: I looked up a lot of salsa recipes, hiked a section of the trail recently and read the book.
4. Challenge: Call brother-in-law; have 10-minute conversation. Results: 15 minutes, no sweat.
5. Challenge: Ultimate lessons for all. Results: I can't even get everyone outside.
6. Challenge: Go on a date. Results: Maybe. Maybe. Ok. I did it.
7. Challenge: Find seafood you actually like. Results: I like flounder, but not sushi, salmon, crab, or shrimp.
8. Challenge: Write a rebellious short story. Results: How about 50,000 words instead?
So that was last year's challenges. Who wants to shape my 2005?
No comments:
Post a Comment