It all could've been different
*Do not read the following as regret that I do not have a cell phone. There might be regret, but it's not for a damn phone, I'll tell you that.
If I'd had a cell phone, I imagine the Metro public transportation conversation would have gone something like this:
Woody Woodpecker theme song ring
Me: "Hello?"
Monika:"Hey. It's Monika. Guess where I am?"
Me: "Uh."
Monika: "Look to your left."
(I look.)
Monika: "I'm on the other train! I see you! I never see you on the train!"
Me: (clicking noise made with mouth) "There you are."
Monika: "I know! I thought you'd appreciate that."
Me: "I do."
Monika: "How are you?"
Me: "I'm ok. You?"
Monika:"Ok. What's new?"
Me: "You see me, right?"
Monika: "Yes."
Me: "Do you see the girl sitting in front of me?"
Monika: "With the short hair?"
Me: "Yes. (pause) Do you think she's cute? Because I've been sitting on this delayed train for almost 40 minutes and I can't think of anything to say to her. I thought I could say something about the book she was reading, but that seemed lame somehow. My ideas only got lamer from there. So I said nothing."
Monika: "Until now you mean?"
Me: "Yea. She's looking at me kinda funny. I better go. Talk to you later."
Eh. No phone.
It's like I learned nothing from Harold and Kumar.
No comments:
Post a Comment