One more for the kiddies
So I've made eye contact with this woman three times already. The third time she says hello and I might have said "hi" back or grunted or given her a nod. Then I see her a fourth time and we make eye contact again.
She says, "See you later."
I can't just leave it at that. Four times we've made eye contact. I've fallen in love, gotten married, had babies and been tragically widowed in less eye contact than that.
So I throw out a question for her, one that pertains to the context of our setting. She answers and asks me the same question. I answer. She tells me about the setting last year. We laugh, sorta. And then we say see you. I don't know that we will though.
As I drive away, I'm thinking about the "Celestine Prophecy" and I'm wondering. Was I supposed to talk to her to find out that it rained at this time last year? Or did I just miss something bigger?
And then it hits me. And then I forget what hits me. And the next thing you know I'm blogging about it and you're reading it and searching for the punchline or the moral and find...nothing.
Sometimes that's the way it is kiddies. Sometimes that's the way it is.
No comments:
Post a Comment