Look Marathon,
I respect you. I understand that you're 26.2 grueling miles. I used to fear that, but it's not so much the distance I fear anymore. I mean, come on, you let P-diddy and Oprah finish, so given enough time I'm pretty confident that I can finish. It's just that I want to do more than finish. I want to shine. I want people to say, "that was your first? wow."
Here's the thing. The marathon is not a mile. It is not a 5k. I might be able to gut out a marathon, but it won't be pretty that way. So, I've got to plan ahead. I've got to be patient. And, my gosh is that hard. It's what planning a career must be like, or maybe getting married. It's not something that just goes "POOF" (unless you're in Vegas, maybe I should run the Vegas Marathon). I'm not that great at planning ahead or being patient.
So Marathon, if you can help me out a little, keep things interesting, make things fun. I would really appreciate it. That way when I crush you or you crush me, we can still be friends.
No comments:
Post a Comment