Misty black and white hued memories
My VCR is on its last legs. It has taken to playing everything in black and white, when it plays at all. Black and white TV always reminds me of black and white TV. When I was just a wee lad, we had a black and white TV in the basement. Day time television posed a challenge for my mother and me. I wanted to watch "Sesame Street" and she wanted to watch "All my Children". Neither of us wanted to watch the other, so we took turns watching our show without color in the basement. I don't remember having a problem with that. I can't remember how the seating arrangement worked down there, but I can imagine that I plopped down on the "Sit 'N Spin" or bounced around on that big yellow ball with a horse head and handles while I watched that big black and white bird and his neighbors. For some reason I also remember grilled cheese sandwiches. They were in color.
No comments:
Post a Comment