Tuesday, April 27, 2004

This is not a euphemism*
What is it about Beef Stroganoff that causes such a negative reaction? Is it the name? Surely not.

It can't be the taste. Have you ever had a bad batch of Beef Stroganoff? In the spectrum of Stroganoff you can go from Mom's Stroganoff to Cafeteria Stroganoff in the blink of an eye. People just don't F up Stroganoff. I mean you've got your noodles and your beef and some magical gravy -not a liquid not a solid- substance and VOILA (that's French for "Ta Da" which is actually magician for "Whoomp. There it is" which is rapper for "BOOM" which is John Madden for... I've run out of synonyms) you have Beef Stroganoff and it's as tasty as tasty can be.

Yet, everyone I meet cringes at Stroganoff. Do people have bad Beef Stroganoff memories or are they just confusing it with something like mystery meat?

*This post has been edited from earlier versions because the poor Stroganoff humor was a distraction from the real message.
The real message, as a reminder is: "Why don't people like Beef Stroganoff?"


No comments: