Mosquito
"I am a Mosquito and you are a Bug Zapper," I told her. She loved it. I knew she would. She likes to be bright and attractive and she chooses not to focus on her more devastating qualities.
And like a mosquito I am drawn to the Bug Zapper. I find the constant hum and glow to be soothing. I circle her broadening energy field losing focus as I am overcome by her brightness. I circle ever closer both lulled by the hum and thrilled by the light she emits. Intoxicated by my luck at finding something so spectacular I choose to land, to try and stay near the bug zapper. Then ZZZAP! ZAP! Z!
Nothing is as simple as a metaphor makes it.
Do all good people pass through the Midwest?
I don't know what it is about Midwesterners, or people that went to school in the Midwest, but I find that I like a lot of them. I would be remiss if I said I hadn't found others I liked, but after meeting 9 more good people from that locale, I have to wonder what it is that causes the 20-something crowd so much difficulty in finding good (good=compatible, interested in friendship, sharing some sense of basic morality, etc.) people after they leave the college set. Either post-college experiences kill off good people (and I know too many good people for that to be true), or the good people are in hiding. So, good people come out and play. I know you have your routines and your jobs and your lives to contend with, but it seems like a charming person like you would want to share with the world.
I'll be out there waiting for you. I'll be holding a disc in case you decide not to show, or in case you'd like to throw.
No comments:
Post a Comment