Wednesday, January 07, 2004

It doesn't stick
With very little ceremony I have changed wallets. The little money I have fit quite snugly. Credit card, bank card, Safeway card, college ID--check, check, check and check. The list of things to do before I die- check. Thirty- someodd of my own business cards? What? Why? I cut that down to a more manageable fifteen, making room for at least another fiver. All right fine, I cut it to twenty. I just wanted to say fiver.

And the last piece to go from the old wallet was a tiny square of tape that had been over the logo for quite some time. Now nearly as brown as the wallet, no trace of "I love you" remained visible, and once removed, I found out no trace of the sticky stuff was left either. I don't remember exactly how it got there. Something about a borrowed set of keys in a res hall mailbox. I doubt she even knew it was there, I forgot a few times myself.

What am I supposed to do with a little brown piece of paper? I hate to throw it away, but it doesn't stick, so I can't really keep it. It doesn't stick.

No comments: