What a day! Sorry to those of you left out of the will, but the ticker is still ticking.
This could be a long entry, so BUCKLE UP.
My dreams were interrupted this morning by a softly spoken, "David," at 5 AM. It was my uncle
ready to embark on a little trip in an even littler plane. We made about 35 loops around the airport practicing landings and takeoffs. The man is good.
He's going to make a fine pilot. And he'll look spiffy with one of those thin black ties they must give out in pilot happy meals.
- Top 3 scary things about flying
- My hair scraped the wings walking under this micro machine of a plane.
- The stall warning, even at 7 feet above the runway sounds like the signal of impending doom (at least the first time).
- Did I mention that a commercial jet could eat a cessna and still have room for pumpkin pie?
The winds were smooth and it was fun, but not quite as fun as say, 42nd St. Silver always told me she loved musicals, but I never got it.
I probably still don't get it, but man oh man "Give my regards to Broadway." For those of you that think I'm less of a man for loving a musical, here's a testosterone-filled list.
- Top 3 manly things about going to THE SHOW
- Dancing girls
- girls dancing
-
- Great things about 42nd St.
- Tap dancing is so awesome
- The ending wasn't Hollywood
- The talent just oozed off the stage
- The songs were fun
- The costumes were fun
- The set design was sweet. I don't know how many times that exact thought rattled around in my head.
Yesterday's sushi may not have been my cup of raw fish, but I might have to make a return trip to the sea of Broadway. And I got some ideas for careers: I could be
a Naked Cowboy. I could also be in a chorus line. (Those of you who didn't realize that I can sing and dance, of course know me best.)
No comments:
Post a Comment