Winter league Ultimate started last night. The performance of my creaky body and a brand new drafted together team have taken a back seat to another thought.
There are many things that I miss about coaching at CUA, but one more than I realized. I knew I missed the people, and the Ultimate, but until last night I hadn't realized how much I missed the positive vibes. During the school year, I was twice weekly psyching myself up to be a positive force. Most of the time, that was not a daunting task. Watching and helping people learn Ultimate is a joyous activity, but it still required that I be present and aware.
When I'm playing, I want to be positive, but I get wrapped up in my self. Coaching, I was wrapped up in everybody else. It turns out that was glorious. I was focused on the good. Oh, sure I was sometimes focused on the drops and the distractions and all the rest, but my mind was churning and I was searching for the things I could compliment and cheer for.
How great is that? Two or even three times a week, I was finding things to cheer for.
I need to do more of that. It might cheer me up.
No comments:
Post a Comment