Bad ideas that sounded good
I'm in the process of moving. The year went by too quickly, and the Fab 4 are going their separate ways. I'm the only one in the house even managing to stay in town. The rest are headed to be part of the fifty. There are bigger posts related to the relationship between my disappointment and my awe that my roommates are moving on or to discuss the finer points of the challenges that didn't come from living together but came from staying together. There's also a post about cats in there somewhere, but I'm focused on just one issue of moving right now. Due to some timing issues, I'm rocking two rents this month and one of the benefits I thought I'd reap was being able to move one shoe at a time all month long. It was a good idea at first. The one shoe bit was an exaggeration, but for the first week or so I moved a few boxes at my convenience. It was working well. The big stuff went over to the new place on a truck, I moved a few boxes. It was nice. Then, and maybe others saw this coming, but somehow I didn't, my stuff was in two places. Whatever I needed was wherever I wasn't. And the stuff keeps coming. I have accumulated so much stuff in my lifetime that it's becoming unreasonable. I even got rid of fifty things unrelated to moving (another post to come) and still the stuff seems to be climbing out of the closet just to haunt me.
It's almost over now. There's some kitchen items and a few scraps to go and then I'll be fully moved in to the new place. It's true that the lack of a timeline has meant more freedom, but it's also meant a slow paced move. I'm learning that can be tough.
No comments:
Post a Comment