Monday, November 09, 2009

Seeking inspiration

I found myself in a full-on physical funk this evening when the little hand was on the six and big hand was on the twelve. My evening still involved getting home and working out. I was so tired I considered taking a cab home. I was going to call off the workout, but instead my mind started to wander to places of inspiration and motivation. I thought of the blog I'd read earlier in the day about my friend's 50 mile, 10-hour running odyssey. She ran 50 freaking miles. Wow. In the post, she detailed her run and the support she had a long the way. As I trotted home, weary only from a day of work, I thought about the support waiting for me. I couldn't quit today, not after I'd complained about others saying they were in before the moment when they bail. This is not FASHION, people. One minute you are IN and the next, you should still be in. I couldn't quit today because I'd already said I was in. I like to live up to the ideals and expectations I have of others. I didn't realize I would be tested so quickly. I arrived home and found my workout partners ready and waiting. My support was in place. There was really no quitting now. I turned to one final piece of inspiration and motivation, I turned to the toaster pastry of choice- the Pop-Tart. The Pop-Tart pushed me over the edge. I worked out. I lived up to my ideals. It's not 50 miles, but it's a step in that direction. I don't know what turned my mind to the positive tip, but I'd like to keep it around.

No comments: