Ice cream license: REVOKED
All this talk about ice cream sent me out for more today at lunch time. It was more high-priced fare, none of that custard stuff that my tubing friend suggested, and I was prepared for deliciousness to drip down my chin and stick in my beard. I got to Gifford's and instead of picking a flavor that has served me well for so many years, I was tempted by another. The specialty flavor of the day was Guinness Stout. I can almost see the connections in my brain.
Guinness= good
ice cream= good
Good! Good!
So, I ordered Guinness Stout ice cream. It was cool and creamy and had a beer aftertaste.
What was I thinking? I didn't want a beer aftertaste in my ice cream. It wasn't a Guinness aftertaste either. It was the bottom-of- the-cooler, happy-hour leftover, beer.
It was not the flavor I wanted lingering on my taste buds.
Therefore, I am revoking my own ice cream purchasing license. I am on thirty days probation. I can still eat ice cream, but I cannot choose my own. For the next month ice cream decisions will be left up to more responsible parties. This hurts me more than it hurts you.
2 comments:
How will you celebrate your birthday without ice cream??? Dad suggests eating Christmas cookies.
Ha! You should always trust me when it comes to ice cream. no beer flavors.... Pick one: fruits, nuts, chocolate, or candy, and I will give you the perfect ice cream combination.
-Shannon
Post a Comment