Therapy: This time with gnomes
Acupuncture is different every time. It always feels like energy, or tiny particles, or tiny gnomes, or something are seeking out pain and then trying to find a way to get rid of it. Sometimes, it's pulling. Sometimes, it's pushing. This time it was swirling. It took longer than the other times. The energy/particles/gnomes got hung up in my knees. It's not that my knees don't sometimes hurt, but I came for the psoas and it took a long time for the gnomes to get there. They eventually made it, but I think they were tired from their time spent swirling around under/behind/through my knees, so they didn't do as good a job. I'm still left with something. Do I go back? I don't know proper Eastern remedy protocol.
There's a darkness in my psoas. As I sit with my eyes closed and needles poking out of me, I can't help but wonder if every person carries his/her darkness in some body part. I know it sounds a little crazy, but it feels like a reasonable theory even after the needles come out. Maybe all the bad stuff, the negative energy, the meanness, the evil in each of us has to go somewhere. Mine chooses the psoas. Sometimes the gnomes or deep breathing can clear it out for a while, but if I'm not careful the darkness returns. Right now, the darkness is still pissed.
No comments:
Post a Comment