In tune with an appliance
I woke up at 4 AM this morning and ran the dishwasher. I then went back to bed and slept almost to the minute of the last gasp of dishwashing effort. I'm trying to determine what caused this reaction. The dishwasher was full, but it was no fuller than when I went to bed at 11 PM. As far as I can remember, I have never left dreamland to vacuum or dust. I've never cleaned the refrigerator in my sleep. Most days I can barely react to the alarm and yet last night, I needed to wash the dishes. Needed makes it sound more like a compulsion than it really was. I ran the dishwasher. I wasn't compelled any more than I'm compelled at any other time. I just did it. I ran the dishwasher at 4 AM. It really opens up the potential for me to polish off a number of other tasks if I'm prone to taking a few minutes between a bathroom break and returning to sleep.
Making my bed at 3 AM is probably out...
No comments:
Post a Comment