You can do what with stamps?
Denver- Desperately, I have searched for stamps. I wanted post card stamps, but I was ready to settle for good old fashioned first class stamps. I finally gathered up the courage to ask the convenience store guy.
"Any chance you've got stamps here?"
"We've got packs of two for $1.39."
My math is sometimes rusty and the prices of stamps have been kind of erratic the last few years, at least in so far as erratic is that steady march toward infinity pricing.
I eyed convenience store guy and repeated, "Two stamps for $1.39." I squinted a bit and half-mouthed, half-uttered, "but..."
He then launched a missive which included the following statements. "We can do that. King Soopers does not do that, but we can." He then closed with, "I actually discourage people from buying stamps here."
"Well, you've discouraged me," I said as I turned and walked out the door.
I marched on, not wanting to give up. I talked to Diana at the Family Dollar, but they didn't have stamps. I arrived at another gas station and patiently waited my turn. When I asked for stamps I was told almost apologetically, we have books of 6 for $3.99.
With the math firing on all cylinders, I quickly departed-- stampless.
No comments:
Post a Comment