Self-awareness and TV on DVD don't mix
My neighbor kindly bought every season of Gilmore Girls and then let me borrow them. I already own seasons one and two, so I've worked my way through three and into four in the last week. All was well and good through most of three. Laughs, fast-talking, pop culture references, the vaguely familiar but mostly greeting card-esque heartfelt moments. Then Rory graduated from high school and went to Yale. Now I find myself contemplating the potential of my daily existence as it compares to the high school senior and college freshman. I'm awed by how unaware I was at that time. I'm amazed at how much I can't remember, already. Will I look back at this time and feel the same way? Do I need more education for that to happen? Is this standing still? Or is this tweaking "not unhappy" until we can reach happy? Is happy something to reach or is it more something to continuously stretch for and occasionally rub up against? Do I need to apply my philosophy in sports to the rest of my life? Is my sports philosophy too masochistic for day to day existence? Have I already applied it?
And finally, how many Nutter Butters is too many Nutter Butters?
No comments:
Post a Comment