The punchline is: these are new lights
That's why this joke sucks. The punchline isn't worth crap. I've drooled better punchlines. It's got no zip. It doesn't make any profound social commentary. It doesn't leave anyone slapping a knee saying, "It's funny, because it's true." Mostly they're just saying, "it's true." If any slapping is to be done, it's probably going to be directed at me. Save the knees!
I went into work today in a foul mood. We are talking I burrowed a hole beneath the dumps and when I got there I used a wooden spoon to dig a little further down. I'm pulling up to my cube, sack of dirty clothes and shoes on my back, not even looking around to acknowledge the thirty minutes of lateness trailing behind me. I'm plopping into my seat and firing up the slave-driving screen when I look around and think, "@%$#@$%. Is it just me or do these lights seem really bright?"
I actually felt a little better when I overheard a coworker talking about the eye-saving benefits of our new lights.
No comments:
Post a Comment