Monday, March 06, 2006

So glad
I've freed up my hands so that I can jam them in my pockets. So glad that I can once again stand up straight so that I can slouch while I walk. So glad that I can walk so that I can feel bad about not running. So glad that my "appreciate what you've got" lasted all of 5 minutes.

I'm walking again and off the crutch ride. This morning the crutches would have been faster. There are moments where I still find myself ready to crawl into the next room or where I'm leaning heavily to the good side. I know these things take time, but three weeks was time. Shouldn't I be able to put down the crutches and step straight into a pair of running shoes? What's all of this strengthening talk?

I threw a disc today. I will be back. Soon.

No comments: