Sunday, March 26, 2006

I've got the madness now
I'd love to tell you that I knew where George Mason University was a month ago, but I can't (Fairfax, VA). That didn't stop me from standing in the airport today, huddled with other George Mason fans, be they recent converts or not, as we watched the final 37 seconds of overtime against the University of Connecticut. The crowd cheered and sighed together as fouls were given, free throws were missed, and the three-pointer that would have ended this cinderella story bounced to the right as the clock ticked 0.0.

On my ride home from the airport I encountered more George Mason faithful. As they poured into the Metro station the green and gold exchanged cheers. They boarded the Metro and one car was rockin' to the chants of "G-M-U- WHAT? G-M-U WHAT?"

I didn't fill out a bracket, but I know whose bandwagon I'm jumping on.

That's right, G-M-U.

No comments: