Love is in the mail
The first wedding invitation of 2006 arrived today. (Probably not the first in the world, just the first in my little niche.) I've heard a lot of I'm getting married chatter, but this is the first indication that I'm actually allowed to watch. Not just watch, actually the honour of my presence has been requested. Honor is serious when it includes the "u."
I'm thinking that I should try to come up with some sort of wedding announcement, invitation, wedding paraphernalia art project that represents what it is to be 20-something and making the rounds on this carousel of commitment ceremonies. The idea needs some refinement, but I can see it will need a catchy title like- Weddings 2006: Wave 2. However, that might make me wish that I'd followed through with a similar project during Wave 1. How about "pieces of weddings" or "An invitation origami diorama." I like that, but that might require me to acquire some additional skills. If I want I'm sure I could pull off something a little darker, juxtaposing singles and couples, maybe I could call it "And Guest" or "A tribute to Ted." Maybe I could do a bride and groom cake topper kind of thing, only full size. That might be cool.
There's potential with this art project. I might have to crash a few weddings just to get some extra goodies.
Uh. No. I am not just here to make a spectacle of myself. I was actually hoping I could snag some of the centerpieces. Do you mind? It's for an art project. The wedding was lovely. The bride looked hot, didn't she?
Oh.
Yea.
Sorry.
Well, I can see the resemblance. About those centerpieces, then?
No comments:
Post a Comment