Duck! while I post in bi-polar
I'm ready to spew anger in all directions without a good reason. I'm not discriminating. This is not a happy place today. I have to write a job description and I hate describing what I do because that's admitting it. When I finish the job description I need to swipe some of those phrases and slap them on my resume. I don't like stealing and slapping either and I really don't like resumes. It's really not fun to try to quantify my contributions.
Meanwhile, my mini is starving for battery juice and the only song I like right now is I'm a cuckoo for obvious reasons (the beat and the line, "I'd like to see you. I had a funny dream and you were wearing funny shoes.")
Speaking of funny shoes, I got a pair in the mail. They're perfect. They're just like the pair of cleats I already have that isn't quite worn out. Now I've got two. Two. I guess I need two pairs of shoes because for the last 8 weeks I've been jumping three days a week. The result of all this jumping is that my calves are on fire and also ROCK HARD. (I don't know how that applies exactly. An extra shoe for each calf? Not sure.) Anyway, I thought all the jumping was going to make me jump higher, but so far I think the real benefit is in the jumping faster. It bothers me a little that this is my major accomplishment of late '05/early '06. Then again, if I don't injure anything, better jumping abilities are going to be pretty sweet.
Sweet like dining hall mint chocolate chip ice cream which somehow today did not have instant transformative powers. Perhaps it was because every time I looked up there were tiny 18-year-olds looking all innocent and unbathed. Then one asked me why if I had braved 4 years of college dining and now have a kitchen I wasn't using it. I had to explain about the side dishes, the banter, and the general lack of desire that comes with making a meal every night. This was more distressing than I had hoped it would be. Distressing like my throws in the wind and January's sudden interest in winter sans snow. And distressing like the identity of commenter R. R, Who are you? Are you the Ranger without the Lone? Are you Rambo? Rainbow Brite? RRRRRRRRRRR! I haven't had an arch nemisis in quite sometime. I might be due...
No comments:
Post a Comment