Thursday, November 17, 2005

Shake. Shake. Shake.
What if we did things right when we thought them? Are the purest desires caught in reactions?

I went for another run. Running is making a big comeback around here. I bought some blue and tangerine shoes. The runs keep me sane, usually. Today I was plodding through the motions. My world took a bit of a shaking this afternoon in one of those unexpected ways. My initial reaction was denial. After that, I was moving to France. Life is really fragile. Stability is an illusion. Barely able to function in my current situation, I plotted out multiple escape routes. France was the clearest, and only because someone told me they could see me in France. So is that escape route any more valid than the usual inertia that keeps me in place? Or does it come down to the post-choice choices? Say I move to France. That affects a few things, my address for one, but how much does it affect life. France is cleary unstable. Life. Unstable. Life in France, not so stable. And when did stable become so valuable anyway?

I need a shower. I need dinner. I need to take a deep breath.

No comments: