You have no idea
Downtown Indy- Several discussions, a few Ann Patchett books, hell that Tom Wolfe book, and some recent blog posts have me thinking that we have no idea. I mean, for me I'll just look at the last 5 years, which in a typical 80-year life is what? 1/18th of life? and look how much things have changed and how much things have worked out and how much things haven't. Let's look at my job. I didn't want my job in a million years. My job from the outside has basically every element I wouldn't want, now I'm trying to get promoted. Look at my house. It was too small. I was too messy for the Sandwich. My house is almost perfect and I clean the toilets. Look at my friends, they aren't that outdoorsy, they don't love the things that I love, they're these incredible amazing people with no reason to be in my life except that our lives cross and now continue to cross at pivotal moments. Most of the time I don't think they're the friends I'd pick if I saw them on the street, but I'd probably die if they hadn't picked me.
Sometimes I feel guilty because I have no 5-year plan, but I look back at the last five years and think how I could have possibly planned better than this. I've fulfilled multiple dreams. I've laid the ground work for others. In most given spans, I have no idea what I'm doing, but I'm going to do it anyway because things tend to work out, nay, The Universe tends to unfold as it should. I'm done now. I've got a Hard Rock T-shirt to go pick up, a complimentary drink to grab, and some strolling around another Midwestern town that I never realized had so many charms. There's never time to do it all, so I figure I might as well enjoy the time I've got.
No comments:
Post a Comment