More politics?!?
I found myself cheering on this Post Op-ed on keeping gas prices high. I don't like getting gouged at the pump any more than the next guy, but I would greatly appreciate if the next guy would park his Hummer, or better yet not buy a disgusting vehicle like that at all. And maybe if the next guy and the next gal started making smart decisions, car companies would make some smart decisions. And then, heaven forbid while cars aren't guzzling so much gas, maybe city planners can start making some sensible decisions too and we'll actually have places to live that don't require so much driving.
I'm tired of wars over oil. I'm tired of the environmental battles with so little progress. It's the 21st century. It's time for some 21st century solutions. We should be arguing about the problems of time travel and flying cars, not about gas mileage rates that look just as bad as they did 30 years ago.
No comments:
Post a Comment