Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Of force fields and the search for the perfect movie
Lately, I seem to be on a quest to find the perfect movie. There's nothing else to explain the volume of films I've been digesting. I don't know what I'll do if I find that perfect movie. Maybe I'll throw my popcorn up into the air, squeal, and run screaming from the theater. Perhaps, I'll pause the DVD and dry-hump the TV. Maybe, we're all better off just not knowing. I was told that The Island might be the "perfect movie." I went. And it was kind of close. I've decided that it's the best thing I've seen all summer. Action, mild insight into the human condition, stars of the hotter variety, basic story elements. Yet, almost no one is talking about it. It's made more money than I do, but I don't think it's doing that well. It's eery. The name is boring. The trailers were uneventful and even this post is a week late. I think there is something fishy going on. I'd try to figure it out, but I've still got The Dukes of Hazzard to see.

The Dukes may not be part of the quest, but I've got to check. It's my duty as a self-proclaimed honory citizen of Hazzard County. Now go on, GIT.

No comments: