Thursday, July 28, 2005

Power up kids
We lost power here last night and I had the opportunity to break out the candles. I couldn't remember how to play Cribbage and I couldn't crack the code that was the rules. From there it cascaded down and I realized that I really couldn't do much of anything and when the electricity is on, I don't anyway. Would the Amish be kings if the electricity stayed down? What would we do when our battery-operated goodies died down and we were left to our thoughts and other people? I think it'd get ugly in a hurry. The milk situation alone would cause some serious problems. I decided two things last night

1. I need more canned goods.
2. A little less talk and a little more action.

That ought to do the trick. And also some more DVDs to dull the world as it comes back to light.

No comments: